Thursday, November 16, 2006

Sisters Day


Ingrid Mattson, the new ISNA president

This good to see. I think that I have heard her speak at an ISNA Conference before, and I was impressed by her thought provoking perspective. ISNA seems to be headed in the right direction.


(Tom Reel/Express-News)

Art wares at Artful Baraka, a display at the Multicultural Muslim Family Expo 06 at Crossroads mall, are viewed by (from left) Nazneen Husain, Ahmed Zaidi, Yasmine Chughtaie and Fauzia Abbasi.

What can I say? I really like Islamic Conventions and Expos. I don't know if it is the sight of so many Muslims in one place or the enlightening lectures and seminars. The bazzars are cool too. Conventions are definately the place to see the diversity within Islam.


Adina Lecovich leads WHM session on Muslim Women
I guess that this completes a day that seems to focus on the sisters. I like seeing sisters that are outgoing and within the bounds of Islam at the same time. The sisters who spoke are part of a greater effort to provide a clear understanding of the many aspects of Islam. TAKBEER!!!



No comments: