Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Muslimgate 2007


Well it turns out that story leaked about Mr. Obama attending a madrassa and being a Muslim was a hoax. What I slight took offense to was the degree to which he denied being a Muslim. His people said "To be clear, Senator Obama has never been a Muslim, was not raised a Muslim, and is a committed Christian who attends the United Church of Christ in Chicago,". I might be hypersensitive, but that statement in conjunction with notion of a Muslim being president, gave me the impression that Americans only trust Christians to run the country. Not for nothing, I think that the whole Manchurian Candidate reference was a little over the top also. Then again, if someone accused me of being Christian, I would probably protest to a similar degree. I would just try to use more tact.

No comments: