Thursday, April 26, 2007

Tampa Troubles



I once considered moving to Tampa. Boy an I glad that I didn't. It seems that Tampa Muslims have had more than their fair share of drama. There was a court case with a sister and her hijab, I believe that there was vandalism at the mosque, the usual threats from the local yocals, I think the Feds may have even kicked in some doors, and now there has been a suspected arson at an Islamic school. Man, this is a lot for most people to deal with individual, but collectively it comes dangerously close to making my conspiracy detector tingle. I guess that the least that we can do is keep the brothers and sisters in our duas and avoid Tampa if possible. Come to think of it, Miami and Orlando's reputations aren't that hot either. Just avoid Florida.

No comments: