Thursday, April 12, 2007

Imams removed from flight threaten to sue passengers

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/03/31/airport_wideweb__470x306,0.jpg

The six Muslims that were removed from a flight a few months ago decided to sue the airline, that's no surprise. In fact, that is par for the course nowadays. Now they are contemplating suing the passengers on the flight who were responsible for the incident. I was originally split over the whole suing thing. I thought that it was just a reflection of our litigious society, but now I think that it can do some good. People have been given the opportunity to be open minded on their own, historically when they failed to do so, litigation has been a impetus. Walk with me. Here is my rationale. If Muslims began suing when we are blatantly profiled or discriminated against, it would make people and companies less likely to hurl accusations about that result in public mistreatment.

No comments: