Thursday, December 07, 2006

I SWEAR

Minnesota Democrat Keith Ellison has caused a stir after choosing to take his oath of office with his hand on a Quran.

There is a big stink about the first Muslim elected national public official wanting to be sworn in to office with the Quran instead of the Bible. I all honesty, I don't think that you are suppose to swear on either one of them (please correct me if I am wrong). I feel that the uproar is more about the institutionalizing of Christianity as the national religion. If a national public elected official is sworn in with a Quran or any text other than the Bible, then it makes it harder for the same people who want English only spoken in the U.S. today, to say that there should only be Christianity in America tomorrow. For them, it sets a troubling precedence.


No comments: